1. Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information is information about individuals which enables identification of specific individuals, such as names and date of birth (including information which can easily collate from other information and enables the identification of specific individuals).
Our company (SHOWROOM Inc. Address; Postal No.150-0001, No.15 Arai Building, 6-19-20 Jingumae Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan) may collect personal information of our customers.
Our company shall disclose to the customer the purpose of use of personal information that is collected.
2. Use of Personal Information
Our company may use personal information collected from the customers for the following purposes:
- For the provisions of services such as online auction, shopping malls, contents and other services, as well as system utilization services
- For sales, solicitations, shipping and provision of our products and third parties’ products (including travel products, and financial products such as insurance. The same applies hereinafter)
- For advertisement of our products and third parties’ products (including sending direct mails or emails)
- For billing and calculation of charges
- For identification and authentication services
- For post-sale services, inquiries and handling claims
- For implementation of questionnaires
- For implementation of prizes and campaigns
- For provision of affiliate programs and loyalty programs
- For research, creating statistics and analysis of marketing data
- For provisions of payment service and logistics service
- For development of new services and new functions
- For maintenance of our system and handling system malfunctions
- For posting information written by customers on online auction services
- For other purposes in relations to our services provided by our company, as determined by our company
3. Shared Use of Personal Information
Our company will share personal data as follows:
- Items of personal data intended to be shared publicly
- images and visual information which may identify customers, voice, date of birth, name of rooms, description of rooms, name of actors, nicknames, profiles, comments, account ID, contents of reports, and terminal identification information
- Range of the parties to which information is shared to
- DeNA Co., Ltd.
- the University of Tokyo (Graduate School of the University of Tokyo, the Department of Information Communication Engineering, School of Information Science and Technology, Prof. Yamazaki’s Lab)
- Purpose of use
- For development and provisions of new products, new services and new functions
- For an academic research and publishing
- Name of responsible party regarding to management personal information to be shared
4. Provisions of Personal Information
Our company may provide personal information to a third party in following cases:
- When customers use online auction services, we contact the seller and a successful bidder informing them that a successful bidder was determined, the contract price, and email address of counter parties by email. We also enable a seller and a successful bidder to browse others’ names or company names, address, phone number, name of corporate representative and person in charge (in case of seller or successful bidder is a corporation)
- When there is consent from customers
- When we are requested to disclose personal information by Court, Prosecutors, Police, Taxation Office, Bar Associates or other institutions who has equivalent authority
- When we need to disclose such information to an insurance company for insurance claim
- When a member of online auction service uses transaction assistance tools as we prescribed, disclosing seller or successful bidder
- For settlement of payment to our company or a seller, we may disclose such information to business operators who operate settlement or act as a proxy, such as financial institutions, credit card companies, and debt collection agencies
- When we delegate whole or a part of our operation to a third party
- When we disclose it to a party who is under obligation of confidentiality toward us
- When it is necessary to enforce our rights
- When we succeed our business due to merger, assignment of business, or in any other circumstance, we disclose it to the party who will succeed our business
- When it was approved by the Personal Information Protection Law or other Laws
- On other occasions prescribed by our services
6. Personal Information Protection Structure
Our Personal Information Management Committee stipulates policy concerning the handling of personal information and ensures it is applied in accordance with such policy. We also appoint a Personal Information Supervisory Manager on the department of management personal information, and make security systems effective for handing personal information. And we conduct training sessions regarding protection of personal information for new recruits of our company.
※ Request to Customers
- Our website adopts an ID and password system to protect users’ registered information. Please manage your ID and password at your own discretion and responsibility.
- Please do not post your own personal information or other users’ personal information on websites operated by us for you and other users’ safety.
Explanation and deactivation of Behavioral Targeting Marketing
”Behavioral Targeting Marketing” is a type of advertisement delivered to each customer in accordance with their individual attributes and their possible interests by analyzing customers’ online activity within our websites.
SHOWROOM Inc. (hereinafter referred as “our Company”) collect browsing history, reaction history for advertisements, service usage history of customers who have visited our website ”SHOWROOM” (hereinafter collectively referred as “activity history”) by using cookie and provide such information to following advertisement provider service (hereinafter referred as “advertisement delivery service provider”). Such advertisement delivery service provider may deliver advertisement within SHOWROOM and their online advertisement network media.
We collect our customers’ activity history within a range that may not limited to specified individuals (not including name, address or phone number). If you wish to disable such advertisements, please disable behavioral targeting marketing on the opt-out page of following advertisement delivery provider’s website. After you disable behavioral targeting marketing, websites you browse will show advertisements which does not depend on behavioral targeting marketing. It may take time to be reflected such disabled modification on the system.